The SEPAC worked all year to get information from district officials so we could put together the Special Education Resource Packet. This document is a comprehensive guide to the special education process, containing district contacts, information on SEPAC and the Special Education PTO, the difference between an IEP and a 504 plan, as well as other special education resources.
- Special Education PTO http://somaspedpto.com
The Special Education PTO provides parents with tools and information to work collaboratively with the South Orange Maplewood school district, and to be more effective advocates for their children.
- The Family Support Center of NJ http://www.fscnj.org/
- Family Support Coalition http://www.familysupportcoalition.org/
- Family Support Planning Councils https://www.njcdd.org/projects/family-support/about-family-support/64-the-regional-family-support-planning-councils
- NJ State Disability Services http://www.state.nj.us/nj/community/disability/
- NJ Self Help Clearinghouse http://www.njgroups.org/
- Nj Special Olympics & Unified Sports http://www.sonj.org/unified-sports.html
- Very Special Arts – NJ VSA http://www.vsanj.org/
- Office of Recreation NJ Department of Community Affairs http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/rec/
- Special Ed Resource Packet 2016-May